Monday 6 August 2007

skyenocturnus - 'King of the Gloaming' for July 2007

I am very pleased to annouce the most blogged member of Scotland in the Gloaming for the month of July 2007 is…

skyenocturnus
- July's 'King of the Gloaming'.

Well done skyenocturnus! Thank you very much for your contribution to the outstanding standard of imagery that makes up the group pool.



I asked skyenocturnus to share a little of the background on his photography.

1. Below is his personal favourite gloaming photo which was featured on the blog in May.

Glenuig sunset I

2. Tell us a little about how you shot the photograph, the location, what particular aspects attracted you, anything special you did to get the shot and any comments about the Scotland In The Gloaming group.

This was taken about a mile from Glenuig in Lochaber. I'd like to say that the shot was carefully planned, but I was lucky more than anything else! Having never been to this beach before, I was pleased to see a disc-shaped rock emerging from the retreating tide when I got there. I thought that this, coupled with Eigg and Rum in the distance and the mountain-like rock emerging from the sea, might work. Seems like it did.

I used a 10-20mm Sigma (at 10mm - I think) on an EOS 400D on a tripod. Used a polariser to cut out a bit of light to increase exposure time and a 2.5 NDG to stop the sky over exposing.

Thanks Ken, that is a fantastic shot. The compositional elements are a great find, nicely caught and the rose tinted sky contrasts perfectly with the milky, translucent water. A great mood setter of a picture - would look superb on a huge canvas. Thanks once again for contributing to the Gloaming group.

Colin Campbell

No comments: