Monday 7 May 2007

Shirley Grant - 'Queen of the Gloaming' for Feb/March 2007

I am very pleased to annouce the most blogged member of Scotland in the Gloaming for both the months of February and March 2007 is…

Shirley Grant
- March & February's 'Queen of the Gloaming'.



Well done Shirley. Thank you very much for your contribution to the outstanding standard of imagery that makes up the group pool.

To celebrate I asked Shirley to share a little of the background on her photography by answering a few questions for this special blog feature.

1. Below is her personal favourite gloaming photo which was featured on the blog in February/March.


then it froze, originally uploaded by ShirleyGrant.


2. Tell us a little about how you shot the photograph, the location, what particular aspects attracted you and anything special you did to get the shot.

I was lucky with this shot, I was going to a meeting and didn't need to leave home until about 9:30am. It had snowed overnight and was so calm. I took this from the garden of the cottage that I was staying in over the winter. The dawn was so pink, reflecting off the snow and the water - and the boat was in its usual position, the tide was in and the gloaming seemed to go on for ever.

I didn't really do anything special for the shot, I've been practicing all winter from that location, so I knew to concentrate on Beinn na Caillich and the boat.

3. How have your photography habits and personal awareness or appreciation of 'the gloaming' been affected by your participation in the Scotland in the Gloaming group?

I love the gloaming group, so many inspirational photographs, with some great ideas for locations.

Now if only I could get up early enough to catch more sunrises!

Well if you do manage to get up in time for any of those summer sunrises we certainly won't complain Shirley. Your photographs are the very definition of sublime and a continual inspiration to all the members of the Scotland in the Gloaming group especially. Thank you for sharing and happy future roaming in the gloaming.

Colin Campbell

No comments: