Thursday 5 July 2007

Eric Wyllie - 'King of the Gloaming' for June 2007

I am very pleased to annouce the most blogged member of Scotland in the Gloaming for the month of June 2007 is…

ericwyllie
- June's 'King of the Gloaming'.

Well done Eric! Thank you very much for your contribution to the outstanding standard of imagery that makes up the group pool.



I asked Eric to share a little of the background on his photography.

1. Below is his personal favourite gloaming photo which was featured on the blog in June.

Balance

2. Tell us a little about how you shot the photograph, the location, what particular aspects attracted you, anything special you did to get the shot and any comments about the Scotland In The Gloaming group.

I can't believe that I got to be King of the Gloaming for a month. Me.... Up there with shirleygrant and dunard54. It can't be right.

Anyway. This is my favourite blogged shot from this month. It was taken on our first ever Inverclyde Photowalk. Three of us took a wee walk down by Largs in the evening, once work was finished and the children were in bed. It was just a beautiful still evening/twilight time and we all shot loads of pictures. One of those nights that just "Happen."
The company was good, the banter was great, and we had a great time.
I had dashed off to get a few shots down by the pier, and fraserspeirs and kristeenb found a couple of lads doing tricks on their bikes. Fraz had taken a shot or two that he was very happy with and when he caught up with me he showed me them. I was keen to get in on the act, so I ran off to find the lads. I asked them to do their stuff for me and they were very obliging. It was about 1/2 an hour after Fraz had shot. A lot darker and the orange sky was a lot deeper. I managed to get a few good shots before it got too dark, and this was one. I strengthened the contrast on aperture at home so as to get a better silhouette, and that was it.

The quality of shots in the Gloaming pool is fantastic so to get blogged is a great filip for me, though I do have one gripe...... ......it seems to happen all over flickr too....... It's the fact that the shots with which I am most delighted, rarely get nominated, and the others; to me secondary shots, are the ones that get noticed. I wonder if others feel that way too? I wonder if the shots that I nominate are the ones that the photographer thought were the best? I guess we all have differing tastes.
Thanks again. I am absolutely vain enough to put the badge on my profile, and I will do so right now.

Thanks Eric, for your excellent shot and enthusiasm. There is such excellent detail in that silhouette and the composition and colours are just sublime. Well done for being so blogged.

I also sympathise with your gripe, sometimes shots I hardly rate are the ones that get a lot of attention, it is a strange Flickr phenomena I think we all know. Maybe if we start adding a line in the title/description saying "PICK ME I'M AWESOME" in the shots of ours we really like so people get the hint :o)

Colin Campbell

No comments: